The Unchained Gang..

Hey Y'all!
So most people ask me why Caro Unchained? Well a couple of reasons. It came to my mind on a flight home from California this past May. I had been wanting to start a blog and Instagram just to be able to express myself. I had a previous account, but it wasn't pictures of me. It was just things I thought were cute. One of my biggest struggles in life has been my weight and learning to love myself. I lovee and care about people, my friends and family. It brings me a lot of happiness knowing I've helped someone. I realized I am pretty good at dressing myself in a fashionable and flattering way, but told myself I'm not going to start a blog until I "got skinny."  For the most part fashion is dominated by the outward and beauty is determined by the size of your waist and not your heart. By no means am I saying small beautiful girls are heartless, but for some reason I always let myself believe I wasn't ever going to be pretty until I was skinny. But when I was on the plane and I realized that the type of "beautiful" I want  is from the Lord then it kind of started to make sense to me. (However, it is a daily struggle as I'm sure it is for many other females.) 

So I have several different nicknames Caro, Miss Caro, Caro Baby, Caro Kitty, Sweet Caroline;)... that's where the Caro comes from. Then unchained..well came from the movie Django Unchained (which I loved and I had seen the week before I left for Cali), but my spin on it is obviously a little different. First, when I realized I need to just do what I am passionate about and not worry about anything else, it was like I was being freed to just do it.  I felt like a slave to the fashion world..as far as being bound by some restrictions of beauty and size, but that was all just in my head.  Also I don't think you have to spend alot of money to look fabulous, and highhhh end fashion is not the only option! Next, whatever I do in life I want it to be for a greater purpose.  I  live in a country and culture where freedom is highly valued, and for good reason. The difficulty, however, arises in our definitions of freedom - what it means and what it should look like. One may view freedom as the ability to do as one pleases, while others believe freedom still operates under limitations. The Bible is clear in its message that true freedom only comes in, through, and from Jesus Christ.  Although sin no longer has a hold on me it is a daily battle to fight the flesh and my own selfishness. Not a slave of the world, but a servant of Christ. 

John 8:31-34


To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?” Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.



Comments

Popular Posts